Friday, April 1, 2011

Slow Poke Karen

I am sitting here with two dresses cut out and one put together and I worked all afternoon! I AM really slow.

Recently I have been suffering from a little ‘dress-envy.’ Look at all these sew-er’s AND all of their beautiful dresses! How will I ever speed up production?

I confess I am a perfectionist that certainly doesn‘t help. I do change the color of the thread a lot, I tear out seams, and go back and hand sew little edges that I missed with my sewing machine.

Every night when I turn out the lights, sewing machine included, I promise myself that tomorrow I will push myself just a little harder to make some serious time with my sewing AND everyday about mid-afternoon I realize that I am poking along “maybe tomorrow” I tell myself.

On Saturday, Les Fabriques fabric store is having an Open House. I'm looking forward to meeting lots of interesting people AND maybe some speedy sew-ers.  I could use a few tips to speed up production.

No comments:

Post a Comment