Monday, April 25, 2011

Come Sew With Me

Last Monday’s interview isn’t generating as much interest as I had hope. The Dress A Girl interview was on three television stations and it ran on the evening time slot and then again in the morning.

I have received two phone calls- one was from a woman with beads that she thought we might be able to use. The other woman wanted me to make dresses for the flower girls in her wedding scheduled for June 2012, and that is pretty much it.

Tho I am happy to have caught the eye of at least two people I would be less than honest if I didn’t admit that I was disappointed.

However with that said I have met some wonderful people all of which I have really enjoyed talking to. I have found that people are quite receptive to a conversation so I am beginning to think a television spot might not be the best way to reach out to the ‘caring community’ that I live in.

May 22.… Les Fabriques a local fabric store is sponsoring a Sew-Along for Dress A Girl. Maybe I 'll call the local paper to see if they would be interested in coming to the Sew-Along.  I hope to meet a lot of new people.

I am still finishing up my dresses for the Dress A Girl contest.  I will snap a photo before I send them off. 

Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment