Friday, April 8, 2011

One Shirt- Two Dresses

Last week I lucked out and found a XXL Eddie Bauer shirt at the Goodwill. It is a beautiful piece of fabric…green and blue check. I cut the sleeves off and tossed them to the side and laid out a little dress using the shirt button band on the front of the dress. I found a great red gingham shirt and cut it into bias strips for the ties and I was good to go.

When I finished up the dress, and was clearing off my table it struck me that there was enough fabric in the sleeves to make a second dress. So I cut the cuffs off the sleeves and cut them up the side so that they laid open. I ended up with a dress front and back with a sleeve placket a little off center. The curve of the top of the sleeve made a nice curve on the hem.

I had to cut a little strip to run the elastic through, I put a piece of bias tape around the curved hem.

Aren’t they just the cutest little dresses?

No comments:

Post a Comment