Friday, March 25, 2011

Heart Tags & Hem Trim

A couple of days ago Sean (my son Jon's friend) posted photos of the Kingdom of Tonga on Facebook. Sean is in the Peace Corps.  In one of photos, two little girls are posing with Sean for a photo…immediately I began to think about Dress A Girl. I wrote to Sean’s mother to ask about the Tongan children in the photo. Do they need dresses? She has written to her son Sean to find out. Stay tuned…

Meanwhile….

I found the sweetest little heart tags that sew neatly into the side seam at the hem or on the side of a pocket. The tags folds in half so there is a heart on each side. I think they’re perfect. I found them on eBay. I have also been playing around with the top stitching on the hem to see if I could cover it up. I tried rick rack, fancy machine stitching, and bias trim. I really like the bias trim.

I just heard that it’s going to snow this weekend. How can that be?  It was eighty two days ago!  Oh well back to the refuge of my warm little sewing room.




No comments:

Post a Comment