Saturday, March 19, 2011

Bias Tape Folder $6... Ralph Lauren Sheet...$1 Cute Pillowcase Dress...Priceless!

Call me old fashioned but I like to make my own bias tape. The other day while I was looking for something to spend my money on I purchased one of those bias tape makers by Clover.

I have an electric one by Simplicity but we have a love/hate relationship. It wants to choose the fabric every time we work together. BUT when I want to choose the fabric it revolts by jamming up which requires a fast thinking and a speedy rescue. In theory it is a great idea however for now it makes a good doorstop for my sewing room. But I digress.

Last week there was a big sheet sale at our local Goodwill…$1.00 each. I found a pretty blue and white striped Ralph Lauren sheet blue that I cut into stacks of 2” strips. ~drum roll~ I stuck a strip in to the little Clover tape folder and off I went.

While I was cheering myself on….my husband wandered in. He's a nice guy and is always ready to lend a helping hand...so he held the unfolded strip and directed it into the tape folder while I sprayed and ironed. 

I give this little gadget a thumbs up.

I may eventually learn to love my Simplicity bias tape maker but for now I don't have time to argue with it.

There’s a nice breeze today and I want to keep my door open so I can catch it. :^) Where’s that doorstop?

Have a peace-filled weekend my friends.

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking about buying the simplicity one. Maybe I will stick with my $6 clover one to
    Do you use spray starch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an old starch spray bottle so I probably have starch-ish water. It works pretty well.

    I didn't mean to discourage people from getting a Simplicity bias tape maker. It was an impulse buy and I should have thought it through and talked to other people.

    ReplyDelete