Sunday, May 22, 2011

Today I Made A Dress For You

Today was a beautiful day.  The temperature was perfect and there is just enough breeze that my windchames played little tunes that at times I thought I recognized from my childhood....row, row, row your boat.

This afternoon we will have our first Charlottesville SewAlong…during the same time the Annual Dress A Girl Tea Party will be taking place all the way across the country in Arizona....200 people will be in attendance there. In other parts of the country today other volunteers are making dresses, at churches, in social halls, at schools, and at homes.

In a country far from here a mother is smiling at her little girl wearing a dress that was lovingly made by a Dress A Girl volunteer. And there are other little girls waiting for their very first dress. That is the little girl that I am sewing for….the little girl without a dress.

I think about these little girls a lot. I can picture them in my mind, I hold them in my heart, and I want to reach out and say "today I made you a beautiful dress."


4 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole,

    I am now
    www.DressAGirlAroundTheWorld-va.blogspot.com. Please check me out. I have 5 free tutorials and a little narrative. Thank you for your kind words about my blog. Please check out my new one. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the contents you mentioned in post is too good and can be very useful. I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information
    Stock Futures Tips
    NIFTY FUTURES TIPS
    MCX Tips

    ReplyDelete
  3. The post is written in very a good manner and it entails many useful information for me. I appreciated what you have done here.
    I am always searching for informative information like this. Thanks for sharing with us.

    Share Market Tips

    ReplyDelete